Become a Housing Host
With the expansion of Opera Saratoga’s Summer Festival, the company is seeking to expand its network of housing host families. Host housing enables Opera Saratoga to bring dozens of professional artists to Saratoga Springs each summer. Housing hosts make personal connections with our young artists and other members of the company, gain a unique behind-the-opera-scenes perspective, and support the Opera Saratoga in a unique and meaningful way.
- Housing is needed for various periods of time throughout the year. During the summer, housing is required for periods of 4 to 8 weeks, during the span of May 22nd to July 18th. The majority of company members require housing for 6 to 8 weeks. During the rest of the year, short term housing is often required for our Saratoga Sings artists, for periods of 4 days to 2 weeks.
- Housing must be within 15 miles of downtown Saratoga Springs
- Housing must be non-smoking
- Pet-free housing is preferred, but we may be able to place an artist in a house with pets provided we know in advance what pets are present to avoid any allergy issues
- Hosts must provide a private bedroom and private bathroom, and access to kitchen and laundry facilities
- Opera Saratoga Company Members are responsible for their own food, telephone expense, and transportation
DONOR HOST PERKS:
- Hosts receive free dress rehearsal tickets, plus access to special by-invitation-only events throughout the season
- Program recognition
- A great way to get to know one or more of the company members who bring Opera Saratoga’s season to life
- Opera Saratoga’s deepest gratitude!