DONOR PROGRAMS - AN OVERVIEW
Did you know that more than 75% of Opera Saratoga’s annual budget comes from the support of our donors? Even when every seat in the house sells out, we rely on your incredible generosity to produce innovative and imaginative opera with world-class guest artists from opera companies around the globe – right here in Saratoga Springs. In addition to supporting the summer festival, your donations enable us to:
- Provide opportunities for emerging artists – including singers, pianists, conductors and directors – to hone their skills and talents through our nationally acclaimed Young Artist Program
- Forge exciting collaborations with other arts and cultural organizations in the region, including the National Museum of Dance and the New York State Military Museum and Veteran’s Research Center
- Offer Opera Saratoga’s Opera-to-Go education program, providing invaluable exposure to live opera in schools across the region to almost 20,000 children each year
- Present Saratoga Sings for Seniors as part of National Opera Week, a new program bringing opera into the lives of older adults at over a dozen senior citizen homes and assisted living facilities in the Capital, Saratoga Springs, and Lower Adirondack regions each year
- Produce free events throughout the area through Saratoga Sings!, providing access to opera for everyone
Now there are more ways than ever to support Opera Saratoga’s programs in the community and to help support the artistic work that you enjoy on stage!
Enhance your opera experience with the benefits and privileges of Membership, including priority ticketing services and behind-the-scenes access.
Forge a special relationship with one or more of the featured artists appearing on stage – or working their magic behind the scenes – by becoming an Artist Sponsor.
Production Sponsors provide the vital financial support that enables us to present a wide variety or repertoire, ranging from beloved classics to world premieres. Every new production provides an opportunity for sponsors to become an integral part of the Opera Saratoga family as they watch the artistic process unfold.
Become part of an exclusive group of donors who are laying the foundation for a sustainable future for Opera Saratoga. Members of the General Director’s Council make a multi-year pledge of support and gain access to exclusive opportunities created specifically for them by artistic and general director Lawrence Edelson.
If Opera Saratoga has played a significant role in your life, we invite you to pay it forward to future generations by including us in your estate plans. Every commitment in every size helps ensure that those who live and work in Saratoga Springs, the New York State Capital and Lower Adirondack Regions will have the opportunity to enjoy communities alive with opera for years to come.
In keeping with IRS regulations, the fair-market value of certain membership benefits and privileges may reduce the tax-deductibility of your gifts. The value of these benefits will be noted in Opera Saratoga’s acknowledgment of your gift. Tax-deductibility will be assessed based on your actual gift.