WINE TASTING RECITAL copy.jpg

The Mansion Inn
801 New York 29
Rock City Falls, NY 12863
(10 Minutes from Downtown Saratoga Springs)

Tickets: $85 - Advance Purchase Required

Join us for a Wine Tasting Recital, featuring a selection of exceptional wines from the Thirsty Owl, each paired with delicious savory and sweet delicacies created by The Mansion Inn's executive chef Rick Bieber, all while enjoying a program of opera and song chosen to pair perfectly with each of the tasting selections!

Our afternoon together will be co-hosted by Josh Cupp, general manager of the Thirsty Owl, and Larry Edelson, artistic and general Director of Opera Saratoga. Discover a wonderful variety of wines produced in upstate New York, while enjoying a spectacular musical program featuring soprano Kelly Glyptis and pianist Laurie Rogers.

Tickets are $85 per person, and registration is strictly limited to 100 attendees. 

This special event has been generously sponsored by The Thirsty Owl, and The Mansion Inn. Net proceeds will benefit Opera Saratoga's Education and Community Engagement Program. Each ticket includes a $50 tax-deductible donation to Opera Saratoga.

FIRST TASTING
House made ricotta cheese on grilled sourdough crostini, topped with speck, figs, local honey.
Wine Pairing: 2016 Dry Riesling - A summer white with bright, citrus aromas. Just enough sweetness to display lively notes of nectarine, with a crisp finish.

SECOND TASTING
Porcini Mushroom Risotto with Ricotta Salata.
Wine Pairing: 2016 Chardonnay - Aromas of tangy green apple, medium-bodied with mild oak. Fruity flavors are balanced by a light, buttery mouth feel and a lively finish.

THIRD TASTING
Blackened Diver Scallop over Sweet Corn Succotash topped with a Citrus Gastrique.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Gris - Flavors of pineapple, pear and a hint of green melon with a light, dry finish.

FOURTH TASTING
Maple Leaf Farms Duck Confit Spring Roll served with a Black Cherry Chutney, Asian slaw.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir - Flavors of strawberry and red currant, accented by hints of oak and earthy undertones. A lively Pinot with a polished finish.

FIFTH TASTING
Short Rib Ravioli, Gorgonzola Fondue over a Bed of Rocket.
Wine Pairing: Thirsty Owl Meritage: A blend of three “noble” Bordeaux varieties with a rich, smooth and flavorful mouth-feel, featuring a clean, elegant finish. 42% Cabernet Sauvignon. 50% Cabernet Franc. 8% Malbec.

SIXTH TASTING
Apple Cider Donut Bite with Cinnamon Gelato.
Wine Pairing: 2014 Apple Wine - Light, fruity and crisp; A blend of five apple varieties, all from local orchards.

SEVENTH TASTING
Dark Chocolate Truffle Torte with Raspberry Coulis.
Wine Pairing: 2013 Vinte, Batch 2 -Flavors of honey, raspberry and cranberry combine against a background of luxurious oak in this rich, port-style dessert wine. Aged 39 months. 54% Chancellor/46% Cabernet Sauvignon.