THE FRIENDS OF OPERA SARATOGA
There are many ways to become more involved on Opera Saratoga, including a variety of volunteer opportunities, and becoming a member of The Friends of Opera Saratoga.
Established in 2001, the mission of The Friends is to provide support and contribute to the success of Opera Saratoga, and to foster opportunities for the people of the Capital District to share their understanding and appreciation of opera. The organization is an independent not-for-profit organization, legally separate from Opera Saratoga, organized and operated by a volunteer board of directors.
The Friends of Opera Saratoga's activities include:
- Organizing and attending events including Pasta & Puccini each spring
- Welcoming summer festival artists on their first day of rehearsals
- Hosting the Annual All Company Picnic for festival singers, directors, conductors, crew, and orchestra
- Celebrating and providing volunteer support for the Annual Holiday Party
- Producing a series of opera programs and lectures throughout the year
- Promoting opera for children through volunteer support of Opera to Go
- Assisting with mailings and other administrative work at Opera Saratoga
- Hosting opera artists and providing artist transportation
- Operating the concession stand at the opera festival performances
Membership dues are $20 per family. For more information about membership in The Friends, as well as other volunteer opportunities at Opera Saratoga, please fill out the secure form below.